Getting Married In Hawai'i

Frequently Asked Questions  




At Ashley Valera Photography we value quality and service above all else.

We offer our clients only the best prints, frames and albums. 

+ Insured Photographer.

+ A Permit from the state is required for all beach activities such as wedding, vow renewals, photography, etc.

We take care of this for you.

Hawai'i Wedding Application 

  • "It's highly recommended that couples complete the online application with payment by credit card before meeting with an agent. Both the prospective spouses or prospective partners must appear together in person before a license agent to obtain a marriage or civil union license. Please note that your online application will be available for the issuance of a marriage or civil union license by an agent in the State of Hawaii up to one year from the application date. After a year, your application will be removed from the system. There will be no refunds for unused applications;" - State of Hawai'i, Dept. Of Health.

Marriage/Civil Union License

Application Fee: $60.00

Portal Administration Fee: $5.00

Hawaii marriage licenses application:

You need to take care of this.

Select Ashley Valera as the officiant when prompted during your marriage license application.


Wedding Planners and Officiants 

We provide both of these services for you. It's included in all of our elopement packages.

We take care of this for you.


Beach Wedding In Hawai'i 

Beach Weddings in Hawai'i are gorgeous!

However, most couples don't realize you need to apply for a permit from the State of Hawaii DLNR for a Right Of Entry (ROE) Permit before having a beach wedding.

There is a fee and your photographer/planner will need to have General Liability Insurance.

We take care of this permit for you. 


How do I request a quote?


Fill Out A Contact Form


Do You Travel?

Yes, Ashley Valera Photography is a destination photography studio. 


Do You Have Liability Insurance?

Yes, we have general liability insurance. Make sure before you work with any professional that they are insured.


Do Your Packages Include A Registered State Of Hawaii Officiant?


Hanalei, Hawaii, 96714